Sunday, August 24, 2014

I am sudden death.

The Tourist Killer ends and A Year Without Killing opens
in Manhattan near Penn Station.
Here's a shot I got from Hoboken. 

The Eight Sentences:

“I am sudden death.
Unexpected. 
Unwelcome. 
Final.”  -- For over thirty years, it was the credo of one of the most successful and least known professional assassins in history. In A Year Without Killing, Claudia Barry takes a year off from work. 
She doesn’t leave her weapons at home.

The Back Story:
       Today's excerpt is the promo line for my third novel.
        If that was all you knew about the book, would you click your mouse to find out more?
        As usual, all feedback welcomed.


Open call for writers:
Join us here at Weekend Writing Warriors. The  same link will take you to the work of dozens of talented writers. For a treat, please check out their work, too.  
Here's the Facebook link for the Sunday Snippett group.

15 comments:

  1. Yes, the tag line is compelling. I'd definitely click to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would definitely be intrigued by it.
    Juneta at Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I'd buy this, highly intriguing...excellent enticement...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though "least known", I totally understand why she doesn't leave her weapons at home. Not everybody is going to enjoy having her on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great hook! Definitely intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd be intrigued. I especially like the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very powerful and truly grabbing. This intro is sure to entice many readers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. I believe I would.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't imagine how you could improve on that. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tag line. I especially love that she takes a year off... but doesn't leave her weapons at home...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like it, Chip! Yes. I'd want to read more.

    ReplyDelete